Let your Future Bloom with Us.
Bovan Floral Group -
Bentley Florist, Ketzler Florist, and June's Floral Company are currently hiring for the position of Floral Designer at Burton, Flint Township, and Mt Morris stores.
Our main store is located at 1270 S. Belsay Rd Burton MI 48509. Candidates for the position of Floral Designer Burton/ Flint Township should share our family's commitment to prompt, courteous, and accommodating service to patrons. In everything they do, our Floral Designer should strive to uphold our long tradition of excellent craftsmanship by providing quality floral product and service.
Bovan Floral Group offers competitive compensation that includes:
- Competitive wage based on experience and skill
- Supplemental insurance benefits available after 90 days of full-time employment
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with up to 3% matching and company paid life insurance policy.
- PTO - Paid sick time after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Paid vacation after 1 year of full-time employment.
Candidates for the position must have at least 6 months experience at a professional florist and be willing to demonstrate design ability during a bench test.
- Efficiently and creatively arrange live, cut, dried, and artificial floral arrangements for events such as a holiday, anniversary, birthday, prom/homecoming, wedding and funeral.
- Plans arrangements according to client's requirements and costs or selects appropriate standard design pattern.
- Selects flora and foliage necessary for arrangements.
- Trims material and arranges bouquets, sprays, wreaths, dish gardens, terrariums, and other items.
- Estimates costs and prices arrangements.
- Completes necessary paperwork as required by management.
- Helps maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the back design room area.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
- Works overtime as required.
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management. Bovan Floral Group reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 6 months of related experience at a professional florist.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.